Socialisation for puppies under 26 weeks
- Puppies must be fully vaccinated and allowed out.
- You must bring your puppy’s vaccination card to the first puppy party you attend.
- Puppy socialisation is extremely important and provides your puppy with key life skills.
- Please bring a lead.
Held at Walnut Pet Supplies – MK7 7AE:
Monday 6.30 – 7.00pm (outside venue)
Saturday 10.00 – 10.30am (outside venue)
Held at Yardley Hastings:
Tuesday 6.00 – 6.30 pm (inside venue)/(outside in lighter evenings)
Consisting of half an hour of socialisation. A chance for your puppy to socialise and learn life lessons with other puppies. Learning how to play with other puppies and understanding their behaviour. The puppies will be introduced to some adult dogs during some of the socialisation sessions.
It is crucial to socialise your puppy well to ensure a well balanced adult dog. The critical period for a puppy is very short; it is crucial to fill this time with as much positive association as possible.
This socialisation is suitable for all puppies under 26 weeks. It is recommended that you come to as many puppy socialisation sessions as possible before your puppy reaches 26 weeks.
These sessions are usually on lead meetings with puppies of different sizes and breeds.
- Please bring treats and poo bags along with you.
If your puppy shows any sign of illness or has kennel cough, please contact Helen and do not attend classes or puppy socialisation. Please ensure you wait at least five days after a kennel cough vaccine before attending puppy class or socialisation.
PRICE – £2 PER PUPPY
Socialisation for puppies that aren’t allowed outside yet:
- Join up to Milton Keynes Veterinary Group Puppy Club!
- You must book on for these sessions in advance.
- Run by Milton Keynes Veterinary Group, Helen from doggiedodoggiedon’t joins for the second week to answer any training or behavioural questions you may have.
- Important topics discussed, such as worms and fleas, health checks and neutering.
These socialisation sessions cannot be booked through Helen, you must book on through Milton Keynes Veterinary Group. Join up to Milton Keynes Veterinary Group Puppy Club – covering full vaccination course, micro-chipping, a free six month puppy check and a discount voucher for neutering.
Milton Keynes Veterinary Group have branches at Walnut Tree (main branch), Willen, Stony Stratford and Whaddon Way and Stoke Road.